Tuesday, June 21, 2011

if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always gotten

ever have a day where the way people sneeze pisses you off?

it's not so much that i'm easily irritated, in fact i could be having an exceptionally good day cet.par. so i guess i have no reasonable explanation as to why, but sometimes little things just get to me. i was cleaning out old emails as my 8am professor rambled on about how

"a 100% on a paper would lead you to believe you're a good writer and we don't want that or you won't continue to strive to improve"

or something like that, undoubtedly for freshman that i planned on paying no further attention to anyway. then, when i came across a certain email my heart sank. it's weird how remembering a situation can just about put you right back in it sometimes. so, while i was reminiscing and taking a trip back to last year...this girl in my class kept sneezing. right in my ear. she kind of spit when she sneezed. then she'd sniff, not once but ten or eleven times...every two seconds. sniff. sniff. i'm sitting here examining the depth of my current situation in life and this girl has the audacity to interrupt my thoughts with her

SNIFF, SNIFF.

it's as if she didn't know what i was thinking...ha,

okay i'll admit i may be over reacting. but how can i manage to completely tune out my professor and the click click click of 18 other computer mouses in the class and not this girl? oh but then, then she raises her hand and does one of those

asking-a-question-that-sounds-like-a-statement-just-to-say-that-you-know-something things like

"well, isn't it blah blah blah throw in some economic terms..cause that's what i thought"

which then causes the professor to answer with

"well yes, [name of girl] that's exactly correct."

thus i return back to my 852 old emails. but as i'm reading a rather interesting one from my mom about a year ago...i see something blinking on the computer screen out of the corner of my eye. you can never really ignore that little blinking set of words in the other internet tab no matter how hard you try. so i click it.

a friend had popped up on facebook chat. what's interesting is how something as simple as a sneeze can irritate me and something as simple as a hello from someone can put a smile back on my face. i was chatting with this person and started to think to myself, really stephanie? you were bothered by a sneeze and a few sniffles. then, of course... at the exact same time as stupid-sneeze-girl sniffs, i sniffed in as well. it made me laugh because i thought;

"hm, what if i've been doing it this whole time and didn't even realize it?"

i'm on the tail end of a cold..ya know what? i totally could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment