Tuesday, April 30, 2013

XY Unlimited Hits Illinois

XY Unlimited Hits Illinois

As you've probably all seen on my Facebook over the last week...some of my favorite guys on the planet (Zack, Michael, James & Macain) have been touring around the Midwest recently.


They were in Elgin two weekends ago even played a little impromptu show for my dad in our backyard! (pictured left) My dad has an Arlo Guthrie guitar signed by Arlo Guthrie himself. It has never been played since he got it and definitely hadn't been tuned! Michael was super awesome and tuned the guitar. Then, my dad goes "can you play a song on it?" Mind you, this is a 12 string guitar, too. Michael said "of course!" and the guys went out to the deck for an impromptu show! (Check out the video here!) My dad loved it, as did I, and I'm pretty sure the geese in our backyard had a blast too. The guys also made me breakfast and even did all the dishes! (pictured above)
They also hung out in Ottawa and Utica this past weekend. They did an awesome show at Jeremiah Joe Coffee in Ottawa on Saturday night. (pictured right) They did my favorite cover and James even rocked a freestyle verse about Ottawa. It was pretty great. (I'll post a video of this soon!) They even got up Sunday morning and braved the elements for a hike to see St. Louis Canyon! It was a little bit of a muddy hike because of the recent flooding. It was also a bit chilly and cloudy with misty rain but all in all it was definitely worth it. You never expect sand, canyons and this kind of beautiful nature to be right here in Illinois! 

XY Unlimited also performed at a bunch of colleges around the Midwest in between these weekends. I'd be exhausted! (as I'm sure they were!) Anyway, during the month of May, XY is going to be working on a bunch of awesome stuff. You can (and should!) check out their music here. Let me tell you...it's like an acapella group, Miles Davis and a sexy boy band you loved in high school had a really weird threesome that made a beautiful musical baby called XY Unlimited.

Most importantly though, they're going for the win on Artist Signal. This is a site that helps artists get money to fund their music. Artist Signal is great because the winning artist gets $10,000! Also, as fans vote they can earn rewards such as free songs, exclusive videos and more awesome stuff! 

If you want to be awesome and help XY win you can attend this Facebook event and share it with your friends! My favorite part about Artist Signal voting is that you can vote every hour with one click! You can log in with Facebook and keep it open on your computer all day long and just vote every hour! The more you vote, the more cool rewards you can claim. I love it! Plus, you're helping XY in the process which is even cooler! They are seriously such a great group of guys who are so incredibly talented. Their CD hasn't left my car except for the time during which I was putting it on my computer at work. And trust me, once you hear their music you will feel the same way!

Artist Signal: www.artistsignal.com/xyunlimited 

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/335221843266960

...and don't forget to like XY Unlimited on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment